Sunday, October 26, 2008

Phelan Family

It's been about a week and a half since I met up with the Phelan's to photograph them, and I still find it hard to come up with the words to write this post......
my heart still almost leaps from my chest.....
The day was bright and cheerful,
three gorgeous kids and a great mom and dad -- it was going to be one of those sessions!
Until........little Quincey discovered an open manhole that was once covered by old wood......yup, you guessed it, he fell into the hole! With his little body barely peeking out of the hole, I managed to pull him out safely. Dad scooped him from my arms and calmed him down, made sure he was okay and gave lots of reassuring hugs.
We were all so shocked at what had happened, but we were able to gain composure and carry on.
It still gives me shivers to think of it, but we ending up having a great session and Quincey, the little trooper, didn't seem too bothered by the whole ordeal!
These are some of my favorites from the day.....

No comments: